Fish cakes are very easy to make and you can make them from either fresh, leftover baked or canned fish too. Moreover, every time, you can change the spices that you use and try out different tastes. Here is an Indian spiced fish cake recipe. You can serve it with some French fries or a cool vegetable salad.
Published Jul 17, 2013
- 1 lb Salmon or any other Fish Fillet (you may use canned fish)
- 2 Med Potatoes
- 2 Whole Green Chillies
- 1 Sprig Green Onion
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander pd
- 1/2 tsp Jeera pd
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper pd
- - - Salt to Taste
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsbp Olive Oil
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- Finely chop green chillies and green onions.
- Poach fillets in water until cooked about 10 minutes, drain and grind it with a fork or in a food processor, if needed.
- If using canned fish, drain fish from can into a large strainer and run under cold water to remove excess salt.
- Add fish, chopped chillies, green onion, salt, beaten egg and all the spices into the mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Form into patties; dip in breadcrumbs, and pan fry them in a skillet. Brown them on one side for about 2 minutes and then turn and brown on the other side.