Nachos supreme is an all time favourite Mexican appetizer enjoyed by all especially during game nights over here in Canada. It is a finger food & can be made & served in under 20 minutes if one has all the basic ingredients on hand. Here I have made a vegetarian nacho using refried beans, readymade salsa, guacamole & veggies. You could make your own salsa & guacamole too...try it any which way, it will be delicious!
Published Oct 10, 2013
- 1 Bag Tortilla chips
- 1 small can Organic Pinto beans
- 2 Cups readymade Salsa of your choice
- 2 Big Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green onions
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 2 Cups Tex-mex cheese
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup guacamole
- Heat oil in a saucepan & add chopped onions. Sauté for a few minutes & then add finely chopped garlic. Then add cumin, paprika, salt to taste & then the canned beans. Cook for about 10 minutes & your refried beans is done.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil (makes clean up easier later).
- Layer the tortilla chips & top it with refried beans all over. Then top it all with salsa, chopped peppers, tomatoes, green onions, guacamole & lots of cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
Preparation Time is approximately 15 minutes.
Cooking Time is approximately 12 minutes.