Oven baked french fries
French fries also known as chips in UK are a universally popular recipe made from potatoes. They are batons of deep fried potatoes. This dish is often served as a side dish or appetizer and has gained popularity as it is what's almost always served along with meals in fast food chains. A popular French Canadian dish that originated in the Quebec province in Canada is the poutine which is basically French fries and fresh cheese curds covered with a brown sauce. Though a popular dish, the French fries have got a bad rap because it is deep fried in oil. One of the best ways to lower fat consumption is to switch from deep fried food to baked food. By baking the potato wedges in a hot oven, we can get the same results as the fried version.
Published Jul 17, 2013
- 4 Lrg Russet Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Herbs of your Choice (rosemary, dill, thyme)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Toss the potatoes in a bowl with oil, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Line them onto a baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes turning them once in between.