Mornings are usually busy during school days & whats for lunch is a million dollar question that everyone likes to evade. Tortilla filled with stuffings of your choice & rolled up make the perfect take out lunches -no mess, easy to eat & quite filling too. Here's a version that I often make & which my family loves. For vegetarians, try making it with some hummus or baked beans for the filling.
Published Oct 02, 2013
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup cooked chicken or turkey, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, olives, tomatoes, chives,.) chopped fine
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, seeds removed & chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped fine
- 4 tbsp. grated cheese
- 4 tbsp. ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Prepare the fillings (except ranch dressing & cheese) & mix well.
- Warm up the tortillas on stove top or in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Take one tortilla and spread about 1 tbsp. of the dressing all over using a brush or spatula.
- Now take 1/4 of the filling and put in on one side of the tortilla. Top it with 1/4 portion of the grated cheese.
- Carefully, starting at one end, start rolling the tortilla down into a tight roll. Ensure that the edges are sealed a little with the dressing & there is not too much filling on the sides.
- Make all the tortilla roll-ups similarly & lay them on a plate.
- Microwave for about 45 seconds. Your roll-ups are now ready to be packed for lunch.
Preparation Time is approximately 5 minutes.
Cooking Time is approximately 5 minutes.