Rum Balls are delicious truffles made during the Holidays. You can substitute the rum with brandy or bourbon.
Published Dec 17, 2015
- 1 & 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 & 1/4 cup ground cashew, pecans, walnuts (any nuts of choice)
- 1/2 cup confectioners or icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup rum
- - - -
- - - -
- - - FOR TOPPINGS
- - - chopped nuts
- - - confectioners sugar
- - - sugar sprinkles
- - - melted brown and white chocolate
- Toast the nuts and grind them finely.
- Place all the ingredients into a big glass bowl and stir until combined well.
- Add a little more rum or honey if necessary.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap & refrigerate for an hour or over night.
- Now make about one inch balls of this mixture and roll them in toppings of your choice.
- Store the rum balls in the refrigerator.
Yield 30 - 40
Preparation Time is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.