Chinese long beans stir fry (payar mezhukupuratti)
The long runner beans, commonly known as Chinese long beans is found in India too. Here is a recipe using these beans from Kerala. It is very easy to prepare & is a wonderful side dish to any rice & curry/dal.
Published Aug 20, 2013
- 1 Lb. Long beans
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp. Red chilli flakes
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil (coconut oil can be used for authentic taste)
- Cut long beans into 1" pieces and slit the green chillies lengthwise.
- Put the beans in a medium pan & add salt, turmeric, red chilli flakes & slit green chillies. Sprinkle a little water, about 2 tbsp. to the beans & mix well. Cover the pan & put this on medium flame to parboil the beans about 5 minutes. Then remove the lid & let the water drain completely.
- Heat oil in a frying pan & stir fry the beans about 5 minutes until nice & crispy.
Preparation Time is approximately 10 minutes.
Cooking Time is approximately 10 minutes.