Giloda (Tindora) Potato Sabji
Published Jul 23, 2013
- 1 bl Giloda
- 2 Med Poatotes
- 1 Whole Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric pd
- 1 tsp Cumin pd
- 1 tsp Chili pd
- - - Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin & Mustard Seeds
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- - Pinch Asafoetida (optional)
- Wash and cut the giloda into desired shape. I like to slice it in half vertically and then cut into stripes. Similarly, peel, wash and cut potatoes.
- Take oil in a frying pan and add cumin and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add in the giloda and potatoes. Mix well, lover the flame, cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, add in the spices and mix well again.
- After 5 minutes, add chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle a couple of tbsps.. of water at this stage if the vegetable looks too dry.
- Cover and cook till the vegetables are done and the spices are well blended.
- Serve with any Indian flat bread of your choice.