Mixed Vegetable Sabji
This is one of the recipes that my mom frequently made, at least once a week. And this is a recipe which goes very well with any Indian bread, naan, roti, paratha, chapati etc. One can make this dish when you want to make use of leftover uncooked veggies in the fridge. Some chopped green beans and carrots could be added too to make this mixed vegetable. This dish is a little more on the spice quotient, but if you wish you can add a little less of the chilli & garam masala or else you can serve this topped with some creamy yogurt, delish! :)
Published Feb 06, 2014
- 1/2 Small Cauliflower
- 1 Long Brinjal (eggplant)
- 1 Potato
- 3/4 Cup Shelled peas (can use frozen)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Small Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp, Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Kashmiri red chilli pd.
- 1 Tsp. Coriander pd.
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin pd.
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric
- - Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- - Cilantro for garnish
- Clean and chop cauliflower, brinjal, peeled potato into fine small cubes in a pan filled with water. Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin. When the seeds splutter, add in the chopped onion. Fry until the onion turns golden brown, about 3 minutes,then add in the garlic paste. Now, add in all the drained veggies, along with the peas.
- Toss the veggies, add in the spices and cover and cook until almost cooked about 10 minutes. Stir once in between and if you need add about 1/4 cup of water.
- After 10 minutes, add in the chopped tomatoes, cilantro and let it cook, covered for another 5 minutes or so. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and serve.
Preparation Time is approximately 15 minutes.
Cooking Time is approximately 20 minutes.