PALAK PANEER (COTTAGE CHEESE IN SPINACH GRAVY)
Spinach is a very healthy choice of vegetables not just advocated by Popeye but also by dieticians all over the world! It is a rich source of calcium, vitamins, fibre and iron and is a nutritional powerhouse. A very popular dish made with spinach from India is the Palak Paneer which is relished by everyone!
Published Jul 17, 2013
- 2 Bunches Fresh Spinach
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- 1 Sm Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Med Tomato (cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chili pd
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric pd
- 1/2 tsp Cumin pd
- 1 Package Paneer (approx 350 gms)
- 1 tsp Glarified Butter / Ghee
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- - - Salt to Taste
- Wash and chop the spinach leaves. Adding a little water in a blender, puree the spinach and the almonds.
- Cut the paneer into desired shape and fry it in a tsp. ghee until browned evenly on all sides. Take out the fried paneer and keep aside. In the same pan heat a tsp. of oil and add the cumin seeds.
- hen add in the ginger garlic paste and finely chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add in the seasonings, turmeric, cumin and chili powder. Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Cook this for a few minutes until the tomatoes are soft and then add in the pureed spinach-almond. Cook it on low to medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes and finally add in the fried paneer pieces. Let it simmer for another 5 to 6 minutes. Serve warm with rotis, phulkas or parathas.