Soya Nugget Kheema
Soya chunks are made out of soy flour and has a meaty texture. It is an excellent alternative for meat dishes and is very high in protein. Kheema is usually made with ground meat. Here is a vegetarian kheema recipe, which is equally flavourful and a lot healthier.
Published Mar 05, 2015
- 100 gms. soy chunks
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 sprig currry leaves
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut powder
- 2 inch cinnamom stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp. red chilli pd.
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander pd.
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds (variali)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- In a pan, bring about 4 cups of water to boil. Once the water starts boiling, add a little salt and the soy chunks. Cover the pan and switch off the flame. Keep soy chunks in this water for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain the soy chunks well and chop them into small pieces.
- In a blender, make s paste of coconut powder, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, red chilli, turmeric,coriander pd. adding about 1/2 cup water.
- Heat oil in another pan and add finely chopped onions. Fry onion until it changes colour, then add ginger garlic paste, curry leaves. Fry and add in chopped tomatoes. Fry until the tomatoes and onions are nicely browned.
- Mix in the blended masala and fry well. Now mix in the soy chunks and let it simmer on low flame about 10 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
Preparation Time is approximately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approximately 15 minutes.